Air Quality Standard Permit for Cotton Gin Facilities and Cotton Burr Tub Grinders
The Air Quality Standard Permit for cotton gin facilities and cotton burr tub grinders is authorized under the Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.05195, which authorizes the commission to issue this standard permit for many similar facilities.
To determine whether your facility qualifies for this standard permit, first consider this quick screen:
- Cotton gin facilities and cotton burr tub grinders do not qualify for this standard permit if any individual engine or combination of engines is rated greater than 525 horsepower.
- All fan exhausts (including cyclones, drum filters, and fabric filters), burr hoppers, burr stackers, and cotton burr tub grinders and associated engines shall be at least 100 feet from the nearest property line.
- The cotton gin facilities or cotton burr tub grinders must not be a new major stationary source or major modification as defined by Title 30 Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC) Section 116.12, Nonattainment and Prevention of Significant Deterioration Review Definitions.
- The cotton gin facilities or cotton burr tub grinders must not be located at a major stationary source.
If the cotton gin facilities or cotton burr tub grinders cannot meet the conditions of this standard permit, you may qualify for other permitting options. To review your options, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations.
If your facility complies with the above screening criteria:
- Review the standard permit in PDF considering your proposed claim for further restrictions and limitations.
- If your facility complies with all requirements of the standard permit, you may claim this standard permit.
To Claim This Standard Permit:
There are no registration or notification requirements for this standard permit. Owners or operators who claim this standard permit are required to maintain records as specified in 30 TAC Section 116.615(8) and in the standard permit to document compliance with the standard permit.
- Complete Standard Permit Issuance Package For Effective Date April 7, 2010
Tech Summary, Standard Permit. (Help with PDF)
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions about this or any other standard permit, contact us.