Air Quality Standard Permit for Animal Carcass Incinerators
The Air Quality Standard Permit for Animal Carcass Incinerators is authorized under the Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.05195 , which authorizes the commission to issue this standard permit for many similar facilities.
If your facility meets the conditions of this standard permit, you should be able to answer "Yes" to both of these questions:
- Is the facility an animal carcass incinerator (pet crematory) with a maximum burn rate of no more than 200 pounds per hour?
- Is the incinerator more than 50 feet from the property line?
If your animal carcass incinerator cannot meet the conditions of this standard permit, you may qualify for other permitting options or a Permit by Rule. To review your options, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations.
If your facility complies with the above screening criteria:
- Review the standard permit considering your proposed application for further restrictions and limitations. (PDF)
- If your facility complies, you may claim this standard permit.
To Claim This Standard Permit:
- Complete the Form PI-1S, (Registration Form for a Standard Permit). (PDF)
- Pay a registration fee. (PDF)
- Technical Summary (PDF)
- Poultry Incinerator List, under "Supplemental Information Sheets," on the "NSR Guidance Documents for Agricultural Sources web page."
- Animal Crematoriums require a Municipal Solid Waste Permit per 30 TAC 330.7(e)
Help with PDF.
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions about this or any other Standard Permit, contact us.