Air Quality Standard Permit for Concrete Batch Plants with Enhanced Controls
The Air Quality Standard Permit for Concrete Batch Plants with Enhanced Controls is authorized under the Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.05198. Specific statutory authority for this standard permit is derived from Senate Bill 1272, Section, 78th Legislature, 2003.
If your facility meets the conditions of this standard permit, you should be able to answer “Yes” to each of these questions:
- Do you intend to permit your plant as a permanent facility?
- Does your plant manufacture no more than 300 cubic yards of concrete per hour?
- Do you intend to use a suction shroud at the central mix drum or truck drop point?
- Is the suction shroud vented to a central fabric filter baghouse with a flow rate of at least 5000 actual cubic feet per minute (acfm) and an outlet grain of at least 0.01 grains per dry standard cubic foot loading?
- Will the suction shroud baghouse exhaust, stationary equipment, and all stockpiles be at least 100 feet from any property line?
- Will the central baghouse exhaust be located at least 440 yards from the nearest residence (single or multi-family), school, or place of worship?
To find out whether your facility complies with all the conditions of this standard permit, review the standard permit and its criteria for your situation, and complete our Concrete Batch Plant with Enhanced Controls Standard Permit checklist, Form TCEQ-20169d. If it does, you may claim this standard permit.
If your planned permanent concrete batch plant with enhanced controls cannot meet the conditions of this standard permit, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations or the alternate Air Quality Standard Permit for Concrete Batch Plants for other options.
To Claim This Standard Permit:
- Complete the Form PI-1S.
- Pay a registration fee
- (a temporary plant that is in support of a public works project and will be sited contiguously with the right of way of that project is exempt from this fee).
- Complete Table 20 (Concrete Batch Plant) and Concrete Batch Plant with Enhanced Controls Standard Permit checklist TCEQ-20169d.
- Submit a scaled plot plan of the plant site.
- Air Quality Standard Permits General Requirements Checklist TCEQ-20335.
- Complete Standard Permit Issuance Package for Effective Date August 16, 2004
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions about this or any other Standard Permit, contact us.