Air Quality Standard Permit for Temporary Hot Mix Asphalt Plants
The Air Quality Standard Permit for Temporary Hot Mix Asphalt Plants is authorized under the Texas Health and Safety Code Section 382.05195, which authorizes the commission to issue this standard permit for many similar facilities.
If your facility meets the conditions of this standard permit, you should be able to answer "Yes" to each of these questions:
- Will your plant operate at one location for 180 days or supply asphalt to a single public works project?
- Will you produce asphalt at a rate no greater than 400 tons per hour (cold mix is not allowed)?
- Will you be able to place your plant 100 feet to 650 feet from the nearest property line? (The distance requirement is based on daytime only production, all-hours production, production rate, and asphalt volatility.)
If your facility complies:
- Review the standard permit and its criteria for your situation.
- Complete the hot mix asphalt plant checklist to make sure that your plant complies with the relevant conditions of this standard permit. If it does, you may claim this standard permit.
If your temporary hot mix asphalt plant cannot meet the conditions of this standard permit, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations for other options.
To Claim This Standard Permit:
- Complete the Form PI-1S.
- Pay a registration fee.
- Complete the Air Quality Standard Permit for Hot Mix Asphalt Plants checklist.
- Complete Rule Package for Effective Date July 10, 2003
- Use of Recycled Asphalt Products Feeds Bins and Conveyors Memo - May 7, 2012
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions about this or any other Standard Permit, contact us.