Outdated Exemption List, Subchapter N - September 9, 1998
30 TAC 106 - Subchapter N Mixers, Blenders, and Packaging
quipment used exclusively to package pharmaceuticals and cosmetics or to coat pharmaceutical tablets is exempt.
Facilities that repackage chlorine are exempt, provided all the following conditions of this section are satisfied:
(1) the repackaging shall be in United States Department of Transportation approved chlorine cylinders not exceeding one ton in capacity;
(2) there shall be no more than two tons of chlorine on the property at any time;
(3) all handling of chlorine shall be in accordance with applicable Chlorine Institute Guidelines;
(4) the facilities shall be located no closer than 300 feet from any recreational area or residence or other structure not occupied or used solely by the owner or operator of the facilities or the owner of the property upon which the facilities are located;
(5) the repackaging system shall be operated under vacuum at all times and all venting of lines and cylinders shall be routed to a caustic scrubbing system that prevents release of chlorine to the atmosphere during all operating and maintenance activities. When the scrubbing system is not operating properly, no chlorine shall be repackaged;
(6) chlorine gas shall not be vented directly to the atmosphere under any circumstances.
Equipment used exclusively for the mixing and blending of
materials at ambient temperature to make water-based adhesives is
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions contact us.