Outdated Standard Exemptions Preamble, January 8, 1980
Section 3.27 of the Texas Clean Air Act provides that the Texas Air Control Board may exempt certain facilities or types of facilities from the requirements of the Construction Permit and the Operating Permit if it is found upon investigation that such facilities or types of facilities will not make a significant contribution of air contaminants to the atmosphere.
Subsection (g) of Section 3.27 provides that the powers and duties set out in the permit provisions of the Texas Clean Air Act maybe delegated to the Executive Director of the Texas Air Control Board.
Pursuant to the aforementioned authority, the Executive Director of the Texas Air Control Board hereby exempts the following facilities, and repairs or changes of existing facilities from the requirements of obtaining a construction and an operating permit provided that:
- Any affected facility will comply with all requirements of Environmental Protection Agency Regulations on National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants promulgated for pollutants in Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 61, (40 CFR 61) as amended. All required reports shall be sent to the Texas Air Control Board.
- Any affected facility will comply with all requirements of Environmental Protection Agency Regulations on Standards of Performance for New Stationary Sources promulgated for facilities in Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations Part 60, (40 CFR 60), as amended. All required reports shall be sent to the Texas Air Control Board.
- The facility will operate in compliance with all Regulations of the Texas Air Control Board and with Federal Environmental Protection Agency Regulations governing air pollution.
- Any affected facility will comply with Environmental Protection Agency Regulations regarding "Prevention of Significant Deterioration" promulgated in Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations Part 52 (40 CFR 52).
- The facility will not emit an annual total of 25 tons or more of any one criteria air pollutant unless specifically allowed by the Executive Director.
- Any facility subject to review as a major stationary source or major modification according to Rule 131.08.00.003(a)(11) through (14) of Regulation VI is not exempted by this list of exemptions.
Sources previously exempted under earlier revisions of this Exemption List which may not appear on this list retain their exempt status.
This list of Exemptions from Permit Procedures does not
eliminate Local or Municipal Permit requirements.
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions contact us.