Air PBR 106.141: Batch Mixers
Batch mixers using drums with a capacity of 27 cubic feet or less for mixing cement, sand, aggregate, lime, gypsum, additives, and/or water to produce concrete, grout, stucco, mortar, or other similar products are permitted by rule under Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC) Section 106.141 . No registration or fee is required. See the Recordkeeping section below for recordkeeping requirements.
To qualify for this permit by rule (PBR), you must:
- Limit any internal combustion engine used to power the mixer to 25 horsepower or less;
- Clean up spilled raw materials, waste products, or finished products on a daily basis;
- Control dust in transfer system, stockpiles, work areas, storage, and truck unloading areas; and
- Meet the general conditions stated in 30 TAC Section 106.4
To find out whether your facility meets the general conditions stated in Section 106.4, complete our PBR Applicability Checklist, TCEQ Form - 10149.
Be sure your facility does not exceed the emission limits of 25 tons of particulate matter per year as stated in Section 106.4. If you cannot comply with this limit, see Types of New Source Review Authorizations for other options.
This PBR does not require you to register or pay a fee.
Under 30 TAC Section 106.8 , your records must identify the rules under which your facility is operating and demonstrate compliance for a rolling 12-month period. Be sure you keep at least these records:
- a copy of Section 106.4
- a copy of Section 106.141
- records documenting compliance with the above rules
These records must be kept on site and readily available on request for inspection by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) or any air pollution control program that has jurisdiction. If you have questions about the type of records you should keep, contact the Air Program in the TCEQ regional office that serves your county.
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions please contact us.