Industrial and Hazardous Waste Registration and Reporting: Am I Regulated?
Who Registers With and Reports to the TCEQ?
- If you are considered to be industrial and your business generates more than 100 kg of nonhazardous Class 1 waste in a calendar month
- If your Waste Generation Category is Small-Quantity Generator (SQG)
- If your Waste Generation Category is Large-Quantity Generator (LQG)
- If you transport industrial Class 1 waste or hazardous waste (Register only. This category has no reporting requirement.)
- If your facility receives industrial Class 1 waste or hazardous waste from an off-site source
If none of the above statements apply to you, read the following regulatory guidance document: Do You Need Industrial or Hazardous Waste Registration Numbers? RG-222.
To register, you must complete a Core Data Form (TCEQ-10400) and an Initial Notification Package for Hazardous or Industrial Waste Management, Waste Streams, and Waste Management Units (TCEQ-00002; instructions also available).
For answers to questions about these topics, contact us in one of the following ways:
(512) 239-6410 (fax)
Industrial and Hazardous Waste Registration and Reporting Program, MC-129
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087