Updates to Existing Industrial and Hazardous Waste Registrations
- To add a waste stream (Texas Waste Code/TWC), including short-term/one-time generation events,
NOTE: Guidelines for the Classification and Coding of Industrial Wastes and Hazardous Wastes may be helpful when adding new waste streams.
- To add an on-site waste management unit (WMU),
- To Update an existing TWC or WMU
- you may update them electronically via STEERS on the "Units" tab or "Wastes" tab in the "Industrial and Hazardous Waste" program area OR
- submit a letter with the following information.
- facility's solid waste registration number
- description of the changes (Note: for reactivation of a Texas Waste Code, please include the waste management unit numbers where the waste is managed.)
- person to contact should there be questions (including phone number and/or e-mail address)
- signature of the person submitting the update
- To update a permitted WMU, contact IHW permits at (512) 239-2335. The Registration and Reporting Section cannot make changes to permitted unit, and the changes cannot be done through STEERS.
- To update administrative information, such as contacts, owner/operator changes, and generator status, please submit the following:
Updates not submitted via STEERS should be sent via postal mail to:
Registration and Reporting MC-129
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
OR via fax to (512) 239-6410