Renewing a PST Delivery Certificate
Each year, owners or operators of regulated underground petroleum storage tanks (USTs) must renew their facility's delivery certificate to continue to receive fuel deliveries.
As a courtesy, we send a renewal reminder letter to either the owner or operator of a regulated UST, depending on the box checked in Section 9 on the previously-submitted renewal application. But it is your responsibility to submit a complete renewal application on time.
To receive a reminder letter, tank status must be currently in use. If tank status is temporarily out of service, reminder letter will not be sent.
When Will My Certificate Expire?
To find out, look at the last digit of the official TCEQ owner identification number for the registered owner of the UST facility. The table below shows when the certificate will expire.
|If the owner number ends in:||Your certificate will expire:||We must receive your renewal form by:||You must post your new delivery certificate on:|
|1||Jan. 31||Jan. 2||Feb. 1|
(in leap year, Jan. 31)
|3||Mar. 31||Mar. 2||Apr. 1|
|4||Apr. 30||Apr. 1||May 1|
|5||May 31||May 2||June 1|
|6||June 30||June 1||July 1|
|7||July 31||July 2||Aug. 1|
|8||Aug. 31||Aug. 2||Sept. 1|
|9||Sept. 30||Sept. 1||Oct. 1|
|0||Oct. 31||Oct. 2||Nov. 1|
How do I renew my certificate?
To renew your facility's delivery certificate:
- Complete the following sections of the UST Registration and Self-Certification Form. TCEQ-0724.
- 1. Tank Owner Information
2. Facility Information
3.Tank Operator Information
4. Reason for This Filing
7. Self-Certification of Compliance with UST Requirements (Do not forget the tank id numbers; i.e. 1, 2, etc., of tanks being certified.)
8. Financial Assurance Information - Proof of financial assurance must be provided with annual Self-Certification forms.
- 9. Tank Owner/Operator Self-Certification(check appropriate box, print name and title, sign and date).
Box checked determines where PST Delivery Certificate will be mailed.
If box for Owner/Representative of Owner is checked, certificate will be mailed to Tank Owner information in Section 1.
If box for Operator/Representative of Operator is checked, certificate will be mailed to Tank Operator information in Section 3.
- If there are changes to the owner's information, operator's information or tank information, then also do section 10 (print name and title, sign and date).
- Tank status must be currently in use. If information in any other section of the form has changed, you must also complete each affected section.
- Make sure the owner of the facility has paid all UST fees due, including any late fees, penalties, or interest as described in the rules Title 30 TAC Chapter 334, Subchapter B.
- Make sure the owner does not owe the agency any other fees. The TCEQ will no longer issue, amend, or renew permits, registrations, certifications, or licenses to an entity or person who is delinquent on penalties or fees.
- Submit the completed form TCEQ-0724 in time for it to arrive at the TCEQ by the date shown in the table above (no later than 30 days before your current certificate expires)
Form TCEQ-0724 is available in these two formats: