Municipal Liquid Waste Disposal
Sludges, grease trap waste, grit trap waste, and other liquid wastes from municipal sources generally must be processed before disposal. The liquid portion may be discharged to an authorized wastewater treatment facility in accordance with applicable rules and any additional requirements set forth by the treatment facility.
Waste solids produced by a municipal liquid waste processing facility can be accepted for disposal at a Type I municipal solid waste landfill if the material has been tested and certified to contain no free liquids.
- Rule regarding acceptance of liquid waste at a landfill – 30 TAC §330.171(c)(7)
- Search database for a disposal facility
Some municipal liquid wastes may be composted, or recycled, or applied to the land for beneficial use.
- Information on composting material from municipal waste streams
- Information on recycling material from municipal waste streams
- Information on land application of sludge:
- Within the boundary of a municipal solid waste landfill (under revision)
- In other locations:
For More Information
Contact us if you have questions about disposal of liquid waste from municipal sources.