Annual Summary of Municipal Solid Waste Management in Texas
The TCEQ is responsible for data assessment and planning for the management of solid wastes in Texas. To support these activities, the TCEQ collects and compiles data on the processing and disposal of municipal solid waste.
Owners and operators of municipal solid waste landfills and other waste management facilities submit an annual report to the TCEQ each year, detailing the amount and types of solid waste managed at each facility. The data are compiled and published in an annual summary report titled Municipal Solid Waste in Texas: A Year in Review (TCEQ publication AS-187). Annual summary reports are available for the following fiscal years (documents in PDF; help with PDF):
- FY2011 (September 1, 2010 through August 31, 2011)
- FY2010 (September 1, 2009 through August 31, 2010)
- FY2009 (September 1, 2008 through August 31, 2009)
- FY2008 (September 1, 2007 through August 31, 2008)
- FY2007 (September 1, 2006 through August 31, 2007)
- FY2006 (September 1, 2005 through August 31, 2006)
- FY2005 (September 1, 2004 through August 31, 2005)
- FY2004 (September 1, 2003 through August 31, 2004)
- FY2003 (September 1, 2002 through August 31, 2003)
More information about how municipal solid waste facility owners and operators report their data and the state's planning efforts is available on our website.