Existing CAFO: Obtaining Coverage Under General Permit TXG920000
Existing CAFO – Renewal
To renew the Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) General Permit, follow these steps:
Read general permit TXG920000 to make sure it applies to your situation.
Prepare a Pollution Prevention Plan. See Part III of the permit.
- You may schedule a pre-application conference with TCEQ permitting staff. They will discuss your proposal, and help you determine the type of authorization you need and what information you need to provide.
- Submit to the TCEQ:
- a Notice of intent (NOI) Form TCEQ – 20111 without the technical report
- Application fee and payment submittal form (included on the NOI)
Provisional authorization under this general permit begins 48 hours after your completed NOI is postmarked for delivery to us.
TCEQ staff will review your application and notify you if your coverage is denied, or mail you a confirmation if your coverage is approved.
Existing CAFO – Change in Ownership (Notice of Termination and Notice of Intent (NOI)
PREVIOUS OWNER? Submit to the TCEQ: a Notice of Termination (TCEQ-20343).
NEW OWNER? Submit to the TCEQ:
- A Notice of Intent (NOI) application (TCEQ-20111) without the technical report
- Application fee and payment submittal form (included on the (NOI))
- One original and one copy of the application (to the Water Quality Application Review and Processing Team at the address on the NOI application)
- One copy of the application (to the TCEQ regional office in the region where the facility is built)
After the Application Has Been Submitted
TCEQ staff will review your application and if your coverage is denied, we will notify you. If coverage is approved, we will send you a confirmation that assigns you an authorization number.