Environmental Flows Advisory Group
Reports to the Legislature:
Revised Environmental Flows Timeline
See the revised timeline for the schedule for development of recommendations regarding environmental flow regimes and the adoption of environmental flow standards, adopted at the Environmental Flows Advisory Group hearing on Thursday, May 27, 2010.
The 80th Texas Legislature created the Environmental Flows Advisory Group (Texas Water Code, Section 11.0236) .
This Advisory Group is composed of the following nine members:
- Senator Troy Fraser, Co-presiding Officer
- Representative Allan Ritter, Co-presiding Officer
- Senator Glenn Hegar, Jr.
- Senator Joan Huffman
- Representative Jodie Laubenberg
- Representative Doug Miller
- Bech K. Bruun, Texas Water Development Board
- Commissioner Richard "Dick" Scott, Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission
- Commissioner Bryan W. Shaw, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
The Environmental Flows Advisory Group will conduct public hearings and study public policy implications for balancing the demands on the water resources of the state resulting from a growing population and the requirements of the riverine, bay, and estuary systems. In the course of their study, this Advisory Group will look at items including granting permits for instream flows dedicated to environmental needs or bay and estuary inflows, use of the Texas Water Trust, and any other issues that the advisory group determines have importance and relevance to the protection of environmental flows.
Questions about the Advisory Group?
Call or e-mail Leslie Patterson at 512-239-4691.