Environmental Successes and Issues
Office Directories and Maps
Staff Directory Search
TCEQ Toll-Free Numbers
Acronyms and Other Abbreviations
Information Available in Spanish
Biennial Report to the Legislature
Reports to the Legislature
National Comments Log
TCEQ Energy Savings Plan and Consumption Report
Homeland Security and the TCEQ
TCEQ's Business Continuity Plan
Comment on Our Service
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality strives to protect our state's public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Our goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
To accomplish our mission, we will:
- base decisions on the law, common sense, good science, and fiscal responsibility;
- ensure that regulations are necessary, effective, and current;
- apply regulations clearly and consistently;
- ensure consistent, just, and timely enforcement when environmental laws are violated;
- ensure meaningful public participation in the decision-making process;
- promote and foster voluntary compliance with environmental laws and provide flexibility in achieving environmental goals; and
- hire, develop, and retain a high-quality, diverse workforce.
EEO Commitment: The TCEQ is an equal opportunity employer. The agency does not allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.