TRRP Guidance and Forms
TRRP Guidance Documents
Use these links to jump down the page to the topic of interest.
Introduction to TRRP (TRRP-2 to TRRP-5)
Affected Property Assessments (TRRP-6 to TRRP-17)
Development of Human Health PCLs (TRRP-18 to TRRP-27)
Remedy Standards (TRRP-28 to TRRP-34)
- Determining Which Releases are Subject to TRRP
- Guidance for Conducting Ecological Risk Assessments at Remediation Sites in Texas (RG-263) - Draft
- Tier 1 eco exclusion criteria checklist
- Tier 2 PCL Equations
- Evaluation of the Potential Health Impacts of Exposure to Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, and Phosphorus through Soil Ingestion
- COCs for which Calculation of a Human Health PCL is not Required
- Transition to Texas Risk Reduction Program of projects with portions closed under the 30 TAC 335 Risk Reduction rule
- TRRP Questions and Answers
- Update to TRRP Questions and Answers
- Use of Software Programs for TRRP
- Implementation of the new arsenic MCL in the Remediation Programs
- TRRP Applicability and Grandfathering (TRRP-2)
Use to determine whether these rules apply to your site or facility. Lists exclusions and situations that qualify for "grandfathering." (January 2010)
- Closure of Waste Management Units Subject to TRRP (TRRP-2A)
Explains the closure performance standard, waste unit deactivation, release determination and response, and content of reports documenting closure. (July 2011)
- TRRP Compatibility with RCRA (TRRP-3)
Explains how facilities can comply with both the TRRP rule and the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) when conducting closures or corrective actions. (March 2009)
- Comparison of 30 TAC 335 and 30 TAC 350: Points to Consider in Making the Shift (TRRP-4)
If you have the option of continuing under other rules or proceeding under TRRP, use this document to get a better sense of the choice you are facing. (March 2009)
- Use of 30 TAC 335 Data under TRRP (TRRP-5) - will not be issued at this time; refer to the TRRP rule for this subject.
- Planning and Assessment Surveys (TRRP-6) - Not yet developed. Not available.
- Land Use Classification (TRRP-7)
Describes and depicts how land use classifications are made under the TRRP rule. (October 2008)
- Groundwater Classification (TRRP-8)
Provides recommended procedures for classifying groundwater and documenting the classification. (March 2010)
- Exposure Pathway Evaluation (TRRP-9) - will not be issued at this time; refer to the TRRP rule for this subject.
- Selecting Target Chemicals of Concern (TRRP-10)
Designed to help the person determine the appropriate chemicals of concern (COCs) for analysis of environmental media when responding to TRRP. (September 2008)
- Data Needs for Tiered PCL Development (TRRP-11) - Not yet developed. Not available.
- Affected Property Assessment Requirements (TRRP-12)
Outlines requirements for defining three-dimensional extent of the affected property and protective concentration level exceedance zones. (May 2010)
- Review and Reporting of COC Concentration Data (pdf) (TRRP-13)
Review and Reporting of COC Concentration Data (doc) (TRRP-13)
For data on chemicals of concern (COCs), tells how to: document quality of data used to show compliance with TRRP rule, determine data to include in required reports, review data for technical standards and usability, and prepare a Data Usability Summary. (May 2010)
- Screening Target Chemicals of Concern from PCL Development (TRRP-14)
Describes a step-by-step process to screen target chemicals of concern from PCL development. (March 2005)
- Determining Representative Concentrations (TRRP-15hh) - Not yet developed. Not available.
- Determining Representative Concentrations of Chemicals of Concern for Ecological Receptors (TRRP-15eco)
Determining representative concentrations, defining exposure areas, and evaluating potential hot spots.
- Institutional Controls (TRRP-16)
Describes the process to apply institutional controls as required by TRRP. (May 2010)
- Notification Requirements (TRRP-17)
Tells how to determine who to notify, when to notify them, and how to notify them about contamination discovered when sampling under the TRRP rule. (March 2009)
- Risk Levels, Hazard Indices, and Cumulative Adjustments (TRRP-18)
Provides instruction in the correct use of carcinogenic risk levels and noncarcinogenic hazard indices for effects due to the presence of both individual and multiple chemicals of concern (COCs) when setting human health PCLs. (October 2008)
- Toxicity Factors and Chemical/Physical Parameters (TRRP-19)
Describes how changes in human toxicity factors will be handled. (March 2009)
- Exposure Factors (TRRP-20) - will not be issued at this time; refer to the TRRP rulefor this subject.
- Human Health Points of Exposure (TRRP-21)
Describes the on-site and off-site locations of the prescribed and alternate human health points of exposure (POEs) to environmental media. (March 2009)
- Tiered Development of Human Health PCLs (TRRP-22)
Discusses the process of establishing protective concentration levels (PCLs) in accordance with the various tiers set forth in the TRRP rule. (November 2010)
- Tier 1 PCL Tables (TRRP-23)
Tells how to interpret and use Tier 1 PCL tables in the assessment and cleanup of contaminated properties. (March 2009)
- Determining PCLs for Surface Water and Sediment (TRRP-24)
Describes how to determine the surface water and sediment PCLs for human and ecological receptors, the surface water RBEL, and the source media PCLs for groundwater and soil. (December 2007)
Human Health Sediment PCL table (March 2006)
Human Health Surface Water RBELs tables (May 2014)
Aquatic Life RBELs tables (May 2014)
Surface Water Contact Recreation PCLs (March 2006)
Stream low flow (7Q2) and harmonic mean flow data (September 2007)
- Critical PCLs (TRRP-25)
Defines the "critical PCL" and outlines the steps to determine the critical PCL on a site-specific basis. (March 2009)
- Application of Tier 1 and 2 NAF Models (TRRP-26) - Not yet developed. Not available.
- Development of Human Health PCLs for Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon Mixtures (TRRP-27)
Describes the process to establish human health-based protective concentration levels (PCLs) for total petroleum hydrocarbon (TPH) mixtures. (January 2010)
- Application of Remedy Standards A and B (TRRP-28)
Tells how to use site-specific information to determine which remedy standard is appropriate. (October 2008)
- Soil and Groundwater Response Objectives (TRRP-29)
Describes the extent to which contaminants must be removed from or isolated in soil and groundwater at a site in order to achieve Remedy Standards A and B. (February 2009)
- Compliance Sampling and Monitoring (TRRP-30) - Not yet developed. Not available.
- Evaluating Remedy Effectiveness (TRRP-31) - Not yet developed. Not available.
- Risk-Based NAPL Management (TRRP-32)
Explains the risk-based management approach for non-aqueous phase liquid and presents a five-step process to address the rule requirements. (July 2013)
- Monitored Natural Attenuation Demonstrations (TRRP-33)
Provides guidance for the application and demonstration of monitored natural attenuation at affected properties. (September 2010)
- Facility Operations Areas (TRRP-34)
Procedures to establish a Facility Operations Area in an operational chemical- or petroleum-manufacturing plant required to perform corrective action. (January 2010)