Tips for Consumers to Save Water and Money
- Small changes in your routine can add up to big water savings—and savings on your water bill, too.
- Check out our public service announcements on YouTube:
Rainwater Collection and Treatment
Rain is free, but how can you take advantage of it? How can you figure out how much water you can catch, how you can store it, and what you can use it for?
- Learn more about rainwater collection and treatment.
Water Conservation Planning
We help business and government to not only plan ahead for water shortages, but also make water conservation a part of their standard operating procedure.
- You may be required to submit plans showing how you conserve water as a city, other water supplier, industry, farmer, or other business.
Coordinating Conservation in Texas
We work with other state agencies and local governments in joint efforts to ensure that Texas continues to have enough water for all its needs:
- Our Instream Uses Program coordinates scientific studies to determine the flows needed to maintain healthy rivers and bays.
- To ensure the health of our aquifers, we aid the formation of groundwater conservation districts and priority groundwater management areas. We support these coalitions of local governments in their missions.
- When rainfall is sparse, we coordinate the statewide response to droughts.