Small Airports and Tenant Operations: Compliance Resources
- Water: What Is My Source?
- Am I a Public Water System? If you have a private well, you may be a public water system.
- You're a Public Water System…Now What? (RG-496) – A guide for rules and regulations that apply to public water systems, especially for those who may have recently learned they own a PWS.
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Stormwater Information— Some airport operations may fall under stormwater rules (Sector S - SIC Codes 4512 to 4581).
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- What to do with Used Oil, Batteries, Antifreeze, or Used Tires
- Used Oil Recycling Program
- The Used Oil Recycling Handbook (RG-325) — Guidance for Used Oil Handlers
- What Do I Do With It Now? (GI-288) — Short guide to recycling various items (including batteries and antifreeze)
- Requirements for Used and Scrap Tire Generators (RG-513)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Petroleum Storage Tanks
Compliance Overview Tools
- Environmental Screening Checklist and Workbook for Airports and Tenant Operations
- Surface Coating
- Fleet Maintenance
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans