Wood Products Manufacturing: Compliance Resources
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule and Sawmill Standard Permit for Wood Products Manufacturing
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Registration and Reporting: Am I Regulated?
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- How to Classify Hazardous and Industrial Waste
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- RENEW Information
- Creosote: What Is It? What Are the Risks? (GI-285)
Compliance Overview Tools
- Wood Products Manufacturing Checklist – Use this checklist to determine which rules may apply to wood products manufacturing.
- Tier II, TRI and 112(r): A Comparison
- Delinquent Fees
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.