Wood Products Manufacturing: Compliance Resources
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule and Sawmill Standard Permit for Wood Products Manufacturing
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Registration and Reporting: Am I Regulated?
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- How to Classify Hazardous and Industrial Waste
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- RENEW Information
- Creosote: What Is It? What Are the Risks? (GI-285)
Compliance Overview Tools
- Wood Products Manufacturing Checklist – Use this checklist to determine which rules may apply to wood products manufacturing.
- Tier II, TRI and 112(r): A Comparison
- Delinquent Fees
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.