The following resources are available.
- Officer Training - Approximately 30 students attended the Advanced Criminal Environmental Law Enforcement course on July 19, 2011 and July 20, 2011. With the class being condensed to 12 hours, the focus was on preparing a case for prosecution. Please check back for the next Criminal Environmental Law Enforcement (CELE) Training.
- Resources for Peace Officers - crime elements, proper citations, crime scene safety considerations
- Texas Environmental Enforcement Task Force: Report to the Task Force Member Agencies (PDF) - this report includes conviction case summaries and statistical data from fiscal years 1991 to 2001
- 2011 TCEQ Annual Enforcement Report (PDF) - this report includes conviction case summaries and statistical data from fiscal years 2006-2011
If you are a Texas peace officer currently involved in the investigation of environmental crimes or an officer who represents a department that is interested in developing an environmental crimes program, we periodically offer a 24-hour TCLEOSE certified training course.
The goals of the Criminal Environmental Law Training Conference:
- increase your awareness of environmental crimes in Texas;
- strengthen your ability to interpret and apply environmental statutes;
- enhance your skills in the use of safe, innovative enforcement and investigative techniques; and
- establish partnerships between yourself and environmental enforcement officers throughout Texas.
Seminars include explanations of environmental laws and investigation techniques, plus re-enactments of significant Texas environmental crimes.
For more information about training opportunities, please contact:
Resources for Peace Officers
- List of Environmental Crimes and Punishments (PDF)- A list of the elements of environmental crimes, their corresponding penalties, and the proper citation for those crimes.
- Prevent Illegal Dumping: A Guide for Local Governments - Guide to help local officials and local governments in Texas address common issues related to waste and illegal dumping.
- Emergency Response - What you should do, and how the TCEQ can help, after a natural disaster, spill, or other emergency.