Dry Cleaning Drop Stations and Facilities: Am I Regulated?
State law requires all dry cleaning drop stations and facilities in Texas to register with the TCEQ and implement performance standards at their facilities as appropriate. It also requires distributors of dry cleaning solvents to collect fees on the sale of dry cleaning solvents at certain facilities.
Annual Renewal Registration Forms for dry cleaning drop stations and facilities are due by August 1st of each year. Registration Fees will be billed later.
- 2007 Renewal Letter to Dry Cleaning Facility/Drop Station Owner
- How to Register Dry Cleaning Facilities and Drop Stations and Renew Registration
- Legal Authority
- Find Registered Dry Cleaner Facilities and Drop Stations
Registration of Property Owners
On June 15, 2007, legislation was enacted that affects current and previous dry cleaner property owners. The new law addresses property owner participation in the Dry Cleaner Remediation Fund which provides money for remediation activities associated with dry cleaners. It also prohibits the use of perchlorethylene at sites where fund money was used.
- Dry Cleaner property owners need to register only if they intend, either now or in the future, to apply for Dry Cleaning Facility Release Fund benefits.
- If Dry Cleaner property owners are currently participating in the Dry Cleaner Remediation Program, they must register.
- If you are already registered as a dry cleaning facility or drop station owner; and you also own the property where the dry cleaning site is located, you are not required to register as a property owner to receive fund benefits.
How to Register Dry Cleaning Facilities and Drop Stations and Renew Registration
- Complete a separate Dry Cleaning Facility Registration Form (TCEQ-20092) for each Dry Cleaning Facility you are registering. (Instructions)
- Complete a separate Dry Cleaning Drop Station Registration Form (TCEQ-20207) for each Dry Cleaning Drop Station you are registering. (Instructions)
- Renewal Registration Forms for each Dry Cleaning Facility and Drop Station are due August 1 of each year.
- Mail the completed form to:
- Dry Cleaner Registration Team (MC-138)
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
House Bill 3220 , 80th Texas Legislature
(Regular Session), 2007
House Bill 2376 , 79th Texas Legislature
(Regular Session), 2005
Senate Bill 444 , 79th Texas Legislature
(Regular Session), 2005
House Bill 1366 , 78th Texas Legislature
(Regular Session), 2003
- Health and Safety Code, Title 5, Subtitle B, Chapter 374, Dry Cleaner Environmental Response
- Water Code, Title 2 Water Administration, Chapter 7, Subchapter C, §7.0525 , Penalties for Violations Related to Certain Dry Cleaning Facilities - click on Title 2 Water Administration, Chapter 7 Enforcement, then click on Section 7.0525.
Rules currently in effect:
Title 30 Texas Administrative Code Chapter 337
Contact us if you have any questions.