Texas Clean Rivers Program: Data, Forms, and Map Resources
The information provided below includes lists of monitoring sites, parameters (water quality constitutents) that may be collected at the monitoring sites, and the actual surface water quality data results.
- Coordinated Monitoring Schedule
A list of selected surface water quality monitoring sites sampled each year under a TCEQ-approved Quality Assurance Project Plan.
- Monitoring Stations
A list of all historically-sampled TCEQ-approved monitoring stations in Texas with site descriptions and latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Monitoring Parameters
A list of monitoring parameters, or water quality constituents. Each constituent is assigned a unique parameter code for consistency in managing the data. A search tool allows the user to find parameter codes by typing in a description of the water quality constituent (e.g., dissolved oxygen) or by entering a known parameter code to find the official text description of the water quality constituent.
- Texas Surface Water Quality Data
Quality-assured data for download as pipe-delimited ASCII text files. Use of the data files requires specific knowledge of the file structures and protocols of the state’s surface water quality monitoring program. Some codes used in the tables are not defined in the text files, but may be found in the “Monitoring Stations” table and in the “Monitoring Parameters” table.
- The CRP partner agencies maintain Web sites with water quality data for the river and coastal basins for which they are responsible.
The Data Management Reference Guide provides instructions for preparing and submitting data to the TCEQ. There are chapters that include information on data qualifiers, reporting entities, forms, procedures, and file format.
- The Data Checklist and Summary is used by Clean Rivers Program data providers to verify that their data sets meet TCEQ data formatting guidelines.
- The process for Requesting New Monitoring Stations assists users of the Surface Water Quality Monitoring Information System (SWQMIS) in navigating the monitoring station module.
Maps and GIS Data
- Hydrography Maps and Data
Includes the Atlas of Texas Surface Waters, GIS Data Sets, and Texas Streams data.