Special Projects of the Surface Water Quality Monitoring Team
These project reports are available in PDF. Please download these documents to your local system to ensure proper display and formatting. (Help with PDF.)
To find out more about national water quality monitoring initiatives, see the Web site of the National Water Quality Monitoring Council.
Find out about other environmental issues and projects along the Texas-Mexico Border.
- Managing Agricultural Water Supplies Along the Texas-Mexico Border (PDF)
- Upper Rio Grande Basin Salinity Monitoring Projects (PDF)
Binational Study of the Presence of Toxic Substances in the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo and its Tributaries
- Phase 1 (November 1992, PDF) The results of the first phase of the study conducted by the US and Mexico. Samples were collected from 45 sites from El Paso/Ciudad Juárez to Brownsville/Matamoros.
- Phase 2, vol. 1 (April 1998, PDF) A summary report of the results of 46 sites previously identified during Phase 1 of the study as having an increased potential for the presence of toxic substances.
- Phase 2, vol. 2 (September 1997, PDF) Technical assessment reports and data sets of Phase 2.
- Phase 3 (June 2004, PDF)
- A series of studies conducted as a binational multi-phase and multi-agency effort to determine if suspected contamination of the boundary water was, in fact, occurring.
- The results of an intensive study focused on the area from El Paso/Ciudad Juárez to Big Bend National Park.
Statewide and Regional Projects
Find out more about regional water quality projects by partners in the Texas Clean Rivers Program.
- Lake Palestine Diurnal Survey—Region 5, Tyler (PDF)
- Harmful Algal Bloom Monitoring in the Brazos River Basin (PDF)
Please call Christine Kolbe at 512-239-6682. Or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.