Coastal Zone Act Reauthorization Amendments: On-Site Sewage Facilities Phase I
The Coastal Zone Act Reauthorization Amendments (CZARA) created the coastal nonpoint source (NPS) control program with a set of required management measures, including activities to properly manage pollution from on-site sewage facilities (OSSFs).
Texas AgriLife Research and Extension is implementing several measures in the coastal counties of Texas to identify and correct malfunctioning OSSFs. These measures include:
- Surveying the counties to identify areas of chronic OSSF failure
- Developing guidance for visual evaluations of anaerobic OSSFs
- Conducting a training event about visual inspections for local health department staff
- Identifying anaerobic OSSFs needing septage removal or system replacement
- Project Fact Sheet (updated semi-annually)
For More Information
To find out more about the NPS Program, call 512-239-6682 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.