Upper San Antonio River: Update to the WPP
Much of the Upper San Antonio River within San Antonio has been impaired due to high levels of bacteria since 2000. In 2006, the San Antonio River Authority completed the Upper San Antonio River Watershed Protection Plan (WPP) for the river's watershed upstream of Loop 410 South.
This project will update the WPP to document the current status of implementation and provide more specific implementation plans. It will also set in place a more extensive monitoring program to measure progress toward restoring the river to meet the standards for contact recreation use.
- Project Fact Sheet
- Original QAPP
- Watershed-Specific BMP Assessment
- Site-Specific BMP Assessment
- (PDF) on the San Antonio River Authority's website library: see "Environmental Monitoring Projects and Studies"
- WPP Update 2014 (accepted)
- EPA Acceptance Letter for WPP Update 2014
To find out more about the NPS Program, call 512-239-6682 or e-mail us at email@example.com.