2014 Texas Surface Water Quality Standards
At the February 12, 2014 TCEQ Commission Agenda meeting, the Commissioners adopted revisions to the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards (TSWQS). The EPA must approve the 2014 TSWQS in order for them to be used for federal permitting programs and other Clean Water Act purposes. During the EPA’s review of the 2014 TSWQS, both the 1997 and 2010 TSWQS will continue to be used in federal permitting programs such as the TPDES program.
- The 2014 TSWQS Background Information
- EPA Review of the 2014 TSWQS
- The 2014 TSWQS and Associated Documents
- Staff Contact
The 2014 Standards Background Information
EPA Review of the 2014 Water Quality Standards
On April 23, 2014, a submittal package in support of the adopted revisions to the standards was sent to the EPA. We will provide updates regarding any EPA actions on this revision of the standards as they become available.
The 2014 Standards and Associated Documents
- Hearing Notice
- 2014 Standards Rule Language (Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Chapter 307)
- Final Texas Surface Water Quality Standards, Chapter 307 Rule Amendment* (adopted February 12, 2014) - For an accessible version of the rule click here .
- Executive Summary of Rule Amendment, Final Preamble to Chapter 307 Rule Amendment - The preamble describes the Water Quality Standards rule amendment which the commission adopted, provides other information required under state law, and includes a detailed response to all public comments.
- Public hearing - held on October 17, 2013
*The rules the TCEQ makes available on this site as a public service are not a substitute for the official rules as approved and filed with the Office of the Secretary of State. See full disclaimer. The TCEQ assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on this site. Official copies of TCEQ rules may be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Water Quality Standards (30 TAC Chapter 307), contact Debbie Miller at 512-239-1703 or email@example.com. You can also contact Ms. Miller by fax at 512-239-4410 or mail at TCEQ, MC-234, PO BOX 13087, Austin, Texas 78711-3087.