1997 Texas Surface Water Quality Standards
- Standards as Rule
- Text of the 1997 Standards
- Status: EPA Approval of the 2000 Standards
- 2010 Texas Surface Water Quality Standards
On April 30, 1997, the three-member commission of TNRCC (now TCEQ) adopted proposed amendments to the 1995 Texas Surface Water Quality Standards, as codified by rule in the Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Title 30, Chapter 307. Since then, the three-member commission adopted revisions to the Standards on July 26, 2000 and June 30, 2010.
- TNRCC (now TCEQ) Chapter 307 Standards (1997)
- Chapter 307 Standards Cover Page
- Chapter 307 Standards Table of Contents
- Chapter 307 Standards History
- Chapter 307 Standards Index
EPA must approve the Standards in order for them to be used for federal permitting programs and other Clean Water Act purposes. EPA completed its final action on all revisions to the 2000 Standards in October 2009. Because EPA took no action or disapproved portions of the 2000 Standards, both the 1997 and 2000 Standards are being used in federal permitting programs such as the TPDES program. The 1997 Standards remain in effect for those portions of the 2000 Standards not approved by EPA. The 2010 Standards are under EPA review and must be approved by EPA for them to be used in federal programs. For non-federal programs, the 2010 Standards are in effect unless specifically disapproved by EPA.
- Portions of the 2000 Standards on which EPA has acted and the action date including EPA’s Timeline of Approval of the 2000 Standards. (PDF)
- Provisions of the 2000 Standards Not Approved by EPA. (PDF )