Hydrography Maps and Data
Viewers use a map-based user interface to give access to data. These pages are sometimes slow to load.
- Surface Water Segment Viewer
Use this viewer to locate water bodies in Texas
- Surface Water Quality Data Viewer
Use this viewer to locate monitoring stations and download water quality data
- Edwards Aquifer Data
Recharge, contributing, and transition zones; boundaries
- Other Viewers
Atlas of Texas Surface Waters, GI-316
The Atlas depicts the state's classified surface waters, including streams, lakes, bays, and estuaries, as of 2000. The classified segments were established by the TCEQ in the Texas Surface Water Quality Standards.
- Electronic version of printed publication
Order printed copies by phone, fax, or mail. Be sure to reference publication number GI-316.
GIS Data Sets
Data layers for use in ArcGIS. Includes data such as stream, lake, and bay segments; permitted wastewater outfalls; regulatory boundaries; and land use. Some file sizes are large (more than 10 MB) and are therefore may be slow to download or may "timeout" before download is complete.
- Texas Ecoregions - Maps and Data on the EPA website
- TCEQ Water Data
Stream segments, assessment units, monitoring stations, and more
- Spatial Data such as land uses and geopolitical boundaries
Maps in PDF or JPG; help downloading files. Large files (more than 5 MB) are slow to download.
- Texas Classified River Basins (11.3 MB)
- TMDL and I-Plan Watersheds, April 2013
- Watershed Protection Plans, May 2013