Reports and Other Documents: Implementing the TMDL for the Guadalupe River above Canyon Lake
|Project Location and Parameters||Project Navigation||TMDL Program Navigation|
River Basin: Guadalupe
The strategy for improving this river segment includes the following activities:
- Reduce bird feeding at Louise Hays Park and Kerrville-Schreiner Park
- Install bird exclusion-deterrent devices on the Highway 16 and Loop 534 bridges over the water
- Manage the waterfowl population at Louise Hays Park and Kerrville-Schreiner Park
- Reduce human contributions through ongoing replacement of lateral sewage lines, sewer inspection and rehabilitation, and ongoing review and registration of septic-system plans
- Implement an education program for pet owners and install pet waste stations at public parks
- Reduce contributions from general urban runoff through street sweeping, river cleanups, and storm water education programs
- Monitor and report E. coli concentrations from WWTFs
To review project-related reports, visit the Upper Guadalupe River Authority website.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and mention the Guadalupe River bacteria project in the subject line. Or call us at 512-239-6682.