Commissioners' Work Session
Thursday, November 24, 1998
Room 201S, Building E, Park 35, Austin
This meeting is a work session for discussion between commissioners and staff. No public testimony or comment will be accepted except by invitation of the commission.
- Discussion of agency reports on enforcement actions for various media including agriculture, air, industrial and hazardous waste, municipal solid waste, occupational certification, petroleum storage tanks, public water supply, water quality, and multi-media. Ann McGinley (Director Enforcement Division) presented this item. No action taken on this issue.
- Consideration of a presentation by Integrate, Inc that will demonstrate integrated environmental data bases, streamlined automated analytical data validation (automated QA/QC), and Graphical User Interface access to the environmental data through the use of Geographic Information System data and single facility I.D. with topographic and spatial mapping. Mr. Michael Crouch, President of Integrate, Inc. presented this item. No action taken on this issue.
- Discussion of enforcement default orders and use of Alternative Dispute Resolution to address these and other enforcement actions. The Commissioners' directed OCE and ADR to work out a protocol to involve the Small Business Assistance Program with the enforcement process, when appropriate, on a pilot basis. The protocol should include contact by a 3rd party neutral or by Alternative Dispute Resolution staff, as a step in the process, if agreement is not reached with the respondents through SBAP efforts. Staff will present the draft protocol for consideration at a January Work Session.
- Consideration of activities associated with State Implementation Plans and the proposed Regional Clean Air Strategy. No action taken on this issue.
- Consideration of the agency's legislative proposals and other related issues to be addressed during the 76th Texas legislative session. The commission may also meet in closed meeting to receive legal advice regarding these matters, or any of the above matters, as authorized by Section 551.071 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. Any commission action, decision, or vote on these matters will be made in open meeting in accordance with Section 551.102 of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. No action was taken on this issue.
- Planning for the next Commissionersí Work Session. The Commissionersí Work Session previously scheduled for December 3rd was canceled. The issues scheduled for consideration on December 3rd will be presented at the next scheduled work session on December 17, 1998.