NEW BUSINESS AGENDA
Friday, January 18, 2002
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission
Room 201S, Building E
12100 Park 35 Circle
This meeting is a work session for discussion between commissioners and staff. Public comment will be
accepted on items 3 and 4.
- Discussion of the Monthly Enforcement Reports for October and November 2001. Ann
McGinley OCE/Enforcement presented this issue.
No action taken.
- Consideration of a revised Criteria for Use of Findings Orders. Karen Berryman
OCE/Enforcement presented this issue. The Commissioners approved adoption of staff recommendations as presented.
- Consideration to approve the final Implementation Plan for one TMDL for atrazine in
Aquilla Reservoir. Faith Hambleton, Arthur Talley, TMDLs Section, Donna Long, Texas Soil
and Water Conservation Board, and Donny Dipple, Texas Department of Agriculture presented
this issue. The Commissioners approved adoption of the plan.
- Consideration of a report on Greenhouse Gases in response to a Decision of the Commission
dated August 25, 2000, including recommendations from the Executive Director as to actions
that may be warranted. Lynn Weber, SEA, Kathy Pendleton, TAD, Robert Gifford, SBEA, and
Janis Hudson, OLS, presented this issue. The commissioners agreed with the recommendations
and provided additional clarifications to staff during the discussion.
HM: all agreed.
- Consideration of issuance of the second round Request for Proposal (RFP) of the Senate Bill
5 Texas Emissions Reduction Grant Program, and discussion of first round project
submissions. Bill Jordan, TERP and Kerri Rowland, OLS, presented this issue. The
Commissioners' approved staff's request to open a second call for projects limited to the
Houston/Galveston and Dallas/Ft. Worth areas and to rank demonstration projects with other
- Consideration of legislative issues potentially affecting the TNRCC and actions taken by the
Texas Legislature. The commission may also meet in closed meeting to receive legal advice
regarding these matters, or any of the above matters, as authorized by Section 551.071 of the
Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. Any commission action, decision,
or vote on these matters will be made in open meeting in accordance with Section 551.102 of
the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Government Code. Glenn Shankle, DED,
presented this issue.
No action taken.
- Planning for the next Commissioners' Work Session. The next scheduled work session is
February 15, if needed. An additional work session on February 28 for discussion of the BCCA
Scientific Study is scheduled.