>> Questions or Comments: wqap@tceq.texas.gov
You are here:

Who May Sign Applications for an Aggregate Production Operation?

The TCEQ requires a signature for applications to register a quarry or other aggregate production operation, to modify that registration, and to cancel that registration. If you sign one of these applications, we may ask you to document that you have the authority to sign for the applicant.

A person signing an Aggregate Production Operations application must have the authority to enter into this agreement for the company under applicable signatory requirements.

By signing the Registration, Modification, or Cancellation Application or similar form, you are certifying that you have the authority to sign based on the following qualifications, depending on the type of your operation. The TCEQ may request documentation evidencing such authority.


  • You are in charge of a principal business function and serve the corporation as a president, secretary, treasurer, or vice-president.
  • Any other person who performs similar policy or decision-making functions for the corporation, or a duly authorized representative of such person, if the representative is:
    • responsible for the overall operation of one or more manufacturing, production, or operating facilities applying for or subject to a permit; and
    • the facilities employ more than 250 persons or have gross annual sales or expenditures exceeding $25 million (in second quarter 1980 dollars); or
    • the delegation of authority to such representatives is approved in advance by the permitting authority.

The TCEQ may request documentation evidencing such authority.

Partnership or Sole Proprietorship

  • You are either a general partner or the proprietor, respectively.

Municipality or other Government Entity

  • You are either a principal executive officer or ranking elected official. A principal executive officer of a federal agency includes the chief executive officer having responsibility for the overall operations of a principal geographic unit of the agency.

The TCEQ may request documentation demonstrating your position as a ranking elected official or principal executive officer.

For More Information

If you have any questions or need additional information concerning the signatory requirements discussed above, please contact our Environmental Law Division at 512-239-0600.