Water Utility Programs Regulated by the PUC
NOTE: The PUC handles applications for the programs they regulate, but applicants must still comply with all associated TCEQ rules and requirements.
Who may be regulated by the PUC?
- investor-owned utilities
- water supply corporations
- city and county-owned utilities
- wastewater utilities
- owners who bill tenants for submetered or allocated water and sewer utility services
- utility customers or anyone interested in the policies, rates and operations of a public or private water utility in Texas
What applications are approved by the PUC?
- rate/tariff changes
- CCN-related applications
- sale, transfer, and merger applications
Where do I pay my regulatory assessment fee?
Continue to pay your regulatory assessment fee to the TCEQ. The revenues from these fees will support the remaining water programs at the TCEQ and the utilities programs transferred to the PUC.
How can I file a complaint?
For complaints about water utility rates; certificates of convenience and necessity; or the sale, transfer and merger of water and wastewater utilities, contact the PUC .