Area Source Standards for Plating and Polishing Operations
On July 1, 2008, the EPA published the final rule on National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): Area Source Standards for Plating and Polishing Operations. This rule applies to businesses that conduct plating, polishing or other metal finishing activities, and is in addition to TCEQ rules.
- Outreach Letter to Business Owners about Subpart WWWWWW (10/15/08) (Help with PDF)
- EPA Brief Summary/Fact Sheet
- EPA Brochure with applicability information for Subpart WWWWWW
- EPA Answers on Applicability for Subpart WWWWWW
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Metal Finishers
- TCEQ's Compliance Tools for Metal Finishing Operations
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.