Auto Body Shops: Compliance Resources
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Auto Body Shops
- Permit by Rule 106.436
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Paint Spray Booths–Spray booth information and examples of acceptable and unacceptable stack designs.
- NESHAP Assistance Tools for Auto Body, Surface Coating, and Paint Stripping
- Am I a Public Water System? If you have a private well, you may be a public water system.
- You're a Public Water System…Now What? (RG-496) – A guide for rules and regulations that apply to public water systems, especially for those who may have recently learned they own a PWS.
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste: Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Requirements for Used and Scrap Tire Generators (RG513)
Compliance Overview Tools
- EPA's Collision Repair Campaign page. The CRC provides compliance assistance tools and resources for the auto body industry.
- Answers for Environmental Questions from Auto Body Shops
- Auto Body Compliance Checklist
- Pollution Prevention for Auto Body Shops
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.