Auto Repair Shops: Compliance Resources
Compliance tools for auto repair shops in Texas.
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Auto Repair Facilities
- De Minimis—Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Controlling On-Road Mobile Source Vehicle Emissions—Federal, state and local programs for motor vehicle fuel, inspection, and maintenance.
- Permitting a Septic System
- Edwards Aquifer Protection Program—If your facility is located over any portion of the Edwards Aquifer, you must comply with these rules.
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- The Used Oil Recycling Handbook (RG-325)—Guidance for Used Oil Handlers
- What to do with Used Oil, Batteries, Antifreeze, or Used Tires
- Petroleum Storage Tank Registrations: Am I Regulated?—Explains which petroleum storage tanks (PSTs) are regulated.
- Requirements for Used and Scrap Tire Generators (RG-513)
Compliance Overview Tools
- Auto Repair Shop Compliance Checklist (PDF) (Help with PDF)
- An Environmental Guide for Texas Automotive Repair Shops (RG-308)
- Pollution Prevention for Auto Repair Shops
- Delinquent Fees
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program.