Car Washes: Compliance Resources
Compliance tools for car washes in Texas.
AirDe Minimis- determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule. (30 TAC 116.119).
WaterWithout access to sewer service, you must obtain other authorization to discharge dirty water. Use the following links to determine if the Industrial Reclaimed Water Reuse Permit is right for you.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water (PDF) (help with PDF)
- Operators should pay particular attention to the options allowed under the 30 TAC 210e rule. (PDF) (help with PDF)
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Special Waste Regulations in Texas (RG-029)
- Permit Exemption for Drying Car Wash Grit Trap Waste (30 TAC 330.13 (h))
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- The Used Oil Recycling Handbook (RG-325)—Guidance for Used Oil Handlers
- What to do with Used Oil, Batteries, Antifreeze, or Used Tires
- Petroleum Storage Tank Registrations: Am I Regulated?—Explains which petroleum storage tanks (PSTs) are regulated.
Compliance Overview Tools
- Environmental Rules for Car Washes (RG-434)