Oil and Gas Facilities: Waste Compliance Information
Many documents on this page are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) (Help with PDF).
Waste Compliance Information
- Waste–Hazardous and nonhazardous wastes associated with the exploration, development, or production of O&G are regulated by the RRC. Waste not regulated by the RRC is regulated by the TCEQ. See Who Regulates Oil and Gas Activities in Texas?
- RRC Waste
- 16 TAC 3.8 (Statewide Rule 8)
- RRC Surface Waste Management Manual
- RRC Waste Hauler Frequently Asked Questions and Permit Processing Time Savers
- TCEQ Industrial and Hazardous Waste–Waste regulated by the TCEQ must be disposed of properly.
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Classification and Coding of Industrial and Hazardous Waste (RG-022)-Assists generators of industrial and hazardous waste in meeting the requirements of self waste classification
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix–A tool to help determine what type of waste a facility may have
- RRC Waste at TCEQ Municipal Solid Waste Landfills–Disposal of certain RRC wastes may be allowed under specific circumstances stated in an MSW Landfill’s permit.
- Domestic Waste–Transporters of either liquid or solid material removed from a septic tank, cesspool, chemical toilet, Type III marine sanitation device, or similar treatment works that receives only domestic sewage, are subject to 30 TAC 312.
- Underground Injection Wells: Am I Regulated?–Information on the different types of injection wells and who regulates them.
- Used Oil–A guidance document on management of used oil and recycling options for used oil handlers. The Used Oil Recycling Handbook (RG-325)
- Scrap Tires–Must be managed to prevent fires and control disease vectors. The TCEQ oversees the collection, processing and recycling, or disposal of over 24 million tires discarded each year in Texas. Scrap Tire Program
- Illegal Dumping–Information on addressing common problems associated with illegal dumping.
- A Guide for Local Governments (RG-455)
- Transporter and Hauler Requirements–Common questions and answers for Transporter and Hauler requirements
Please click on one of the following links for more information about oil and gas compliance.