EPA-Administered Superfund Sites in Texas
EPA to Begin Permit Evaluation Review
for San Jacinto Waste Pits
The Environmental Protection Agency has issued a public notice that the permit evaluation review process is to begin Sunday, Nov. 1, for the San Jacinto Waste Pits site.
Under this review process, all permit applicants and holders of permits in a defined area must take measures to ensure that their activities do not have an impact on the investigation and cleanup of this site. Activities that involve dredging or the disposal of dredged materials are especially of concern.
This process may affect anyone who has a permit or has applied for a permit in this area:
- all areas north from IH 10 along or within the San Jacinto River to a point approximately in line with 20400 Rio Villa Drive
- all areas south from IH 10 along or within the San Jacinto and Old rivers to approximately the Lynchburg Ferry
Find a map of the area of concern and more information about this process in the EPA’s public announcement.
- United Creosoting Co.
- The EPA's web page on this former wood treatment facility in Conroe, Montgomery County.
- Van Der Horst
- The EPA's web page on this former chrome and iron plating facility in Terrell, Kaufman County.
- West County Road 112, Midland, TX
- Information on the chromium contamination in the groundwater near West County Road 112, Midland, TX.