Tropical Storm Response
Guidance for Response and Cleanup
- Managing Debris from Declared Disasters - A lot of debris may be recycled, so before you haul it to the landfill, see what might be recycled in the table at the end of this guidance information.
- Locations of landfills
- Concerns for authorized facilities
- Temporary Debris Management form
Wastewater Treatment Plant Guidance:
After a hurricane, flood, tornado or other disaster, this information will help you manage conditions at your wastewater treatment plant.
Air Permit Guidance:
If your facility has a permit to protect air quality, read the following information after a hurricane or other disaster. The guidance will help operators and owners prevent or minimize any increased risk to human health and safety.
Advice for everyone:
- Preparing for a Storm Advice from Texas Online Emergency Preparedness (with translations into Spanish, Korean, Chinese, French, German, and Italian)
- Dealing with hurricanes , from the EPA (with translations into Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese)
- Advice for public water systems
- Additional hurricane resources , from FEMA
Check this page regularly for updates.