El Paso: Latest CO Planning Activities
(Last updated 3/4/2016)
Proposed CO Limited Maintenance Plan SIP Revision for El Paso
On March 3, 2016, the commission approved for proposal the El Paso CO Limited Maintenance Plan SIP Revision (Non-Rule Project No. 2015-015-SIP-NR). The proposed SIP revision would satisfy Section 175A(b) of the Federal Clean Air Act, which requires states to submit an additional revision to the SIP eight years after the redesignation of any area to attainment. The second maintenance plan must demonstrate continued attainment of the standard for 10 years after the expiration of the initial maintenance period. This proposed SIP revision would demonstrate continued maintenance of the CO National Ambient Air Quality Standard in El Paso for the period of October 2018 through October 2028.
The public comment period will open on March 7, 2016 and close on April 18, 2016. A public hearing on the proposed SIP revision will be held on April 13, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. (MST) at the El Paso Main Library’s Maud Sullivan Gallery located at 501 N. Oregon Street, El Paso, TX 79901.
- Proposed El Paso CO Limited Maintenance Plan SIP Revision
- Appendix A: Limited Maintenance Plan Option for Nonclassifiable CO Nonattainment Areas
- Appendix B: 2014 El Paso CO Winter Weekday Emissions
- Appendix C: Projection Factors for Point and Area Sources
- Appendix D: Aircraft Emissions Inventory for Texas Statewide 2014 Air Emissions Reporting Requirements (AERR) Inventory and 2008 to 2040 Trend Analysis Years
- Appendix E: 2014 Texas Statewide Locomotive Emissions Inventory and 2008 through 2040 Trend Inventories
- Appendix F: 2014 On-Road Mobile Source Annual, Summer Weekday and Winter Workday Emissions Inventories: El Paso Area
- Appendix G: Development of 2014 On-Road Mobile Source Winter Weekday CO Emissions for the El Paso CO Zone
El Paso CO Redesignation Request
On February 13, 2008, the TCEQ submitted a SIP revision to request redesignation of the El Paso area to attainment for the eight-hour CO National Ambient Air Quality Standard. On August 4, 2008, the EPA proposed approval of the plan and the associated motor vehicle emissions budget in the Federal Register (73 FR 45162). The proposal was a direct final and the effective date for the redesignation was October 3, 2008.