El Paso: Latest CO Planning Activities
(Last updated 9/7/2016)
CO Limited Maintenance Plan SIP Revision for El Paso
On September 7, 2016, the commission adopted the El Paso CO Limited Maintenance Plan SIP Revision (Non-Rule Project No. 2015-015-SIP-NR). This SIP revision satisfies Section 175A(b) of the Federal Clean Air Act, which requires states to submit an additional revision to the SIP eight years after the redesignation of any area to attainment. This SIP revision demonstrates continued maintenance of the CO NAAQS in El Paso for 10 years after the expiration of the initial maintenance period, from October 2018 through October 2028.
- El Paso CO Limited Maintenance Plan SIP Revision
- Appendix A: Limited Maintenance Plan Option for Nonclassifiable CO Nonattainment Areas
- Appendix B: 2014 El Paso CO Winter Weekday Emissions
- Appendix C: Projection Factors for Point and Area Sources
- Appendix D: Aircraft Emissions Inventory for Texas Statewide 2014 Air Emissions Reporting Requirements (AERR) Inventory and 2008 to 2040 Trend Analysis Years
- Appendix E: 2014 Texas Statewide Locomotive Emissions Inventory and 2008 through 2040 Trend Inventories
- Appendix F: 2014 On-Road Mobile Source Annual, Summer Weekday and Winter Workday Emissions Inventories: El Paso Area
- Appendix G: Development of 2014 On-Road Mobile Source Winter Weekday CO Emissions for the El Paso CO Zone
El Paso CO Redesignation Request
On February 13, 2008, the TCEQ submitted a SIP revision to request redesignation of the El Paso area to attainment for the eight-hour CO National Ambient Air Quality Standard. On August 4, 2008, the EPA proposed approval of the plan and the associated motor vehicle emissions budget in the Federal Register (73 FR 45162). The proposal was a direct final and the effective date for the redesignation was October 3, 2008.