Compliance Advisory Panel
Compliance Advisory Panel (CAP) members advise federal and state government officials about the effectiveness of the TCEQ Small Business Assistance Program, including issues such as compliance, enforcement, rulemaking, and voluntary efforts.
About the CAP
The CAP is a seven-member panel. Two members are appointed by the governor to represent the public; two members each are appointed by the lieutenant governor and speaker of the Texas House of Representatives to represent small businesses; and one member is appointed by the TCEQ's chairman.
- Advise the TCEQ's Small Business Assistance Program on improving its effectiveness.
- Submit periodic progress reports and recommendations to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's small business ombudsman.
- Assess compliance and enforcement trends encountered by specific small business sectors and recommend improvements to the TCEQ.
- Ensure that information and regulations affecting small businesses are written in plain language.
The 1990 Federal Clean Air Act Amendments and the Texas Water Code statutes require each state to provide small business assistance including a state small business compliance advisory panel (CAP), an ombudsman, and a technical assistance program.
For further information, call the TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance section toll free at 800-447-2827, or send an e-mail to <email@example.com>.
List of CAP Members
- Robert J. Curnock
Dub-L Tape, Inc.
- Billy Bob McAdams
McAdams Propane, Co.
Lieutenant Governor Appointee
- Sarah K. Walls
Cantey & Hanger, LLP
Speaker of the House Appointees
- Mark B. Shelton (CAP Chair)
Oil City Iron Works, Inc.
- Laurie McReynolds
TCEQ Chairman Appointee
- Brent Wade
Office of Waste, Deputy Director
Schedule of Future Meetings
Next meeting date will be determined at a later date.
Meeting information can be found in the Texas Register.
Minutes from Previous Meetings
These documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF) unless otherwise noted.
- Aug. 31, 2012
- Aug. 29, 2011
- Dec. 10, 2010
- Sept. 25, 2009
- Sept. 11, 2008
- Feb. 28, 2008
- Aug. 24, 2007
- Aug. 10, 2006