Auto Salvage Yards: Compliance Resources
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Auto Salvage Yards
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
Stormwater Permit Information
- TCEQ Auto Salvage Storm Water Due Dates (PDF)
Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3) (PDF)–Sample for an Auto Salvage Yard from the EPA.
NOTE: This SWP3 does NOT contain all requirements by the Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES), and should just be used as a reference.
- EPA's Auto Salvage Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Industrial Wastewater and Stormwater Regulations
- What to do with Used Oil, Batteries, Antifreeze, or Used Tires
- Used Oil Recycling Program
- The Used Oil Recycling Handbook (RG-325) — Guidance for Used Oil Handlers
- What Do I Do With It Now? (GI-288) — Short guide to recycling various items (including batteries and antifreeze)
- Requirements for Used and Scrap Tire Generators (RG-513)
- What to do with Mercury Convenience Switches
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Hazardous and Industrial Waste-Am I Regulated?
- Nonhazardous Industrial Waste Storage, Treatment, or Disposal: Am I Regulated?
Compliance Overview Tools
- Auto Salvage Checklist (PDF) (Help with PDF)
- Recovering Refrigerant at Salvage Yards–Guidance from the EPA.
- Automotive Recyclers Association
- Texas Automotive Recyclers Association
- Delinquent Fees
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.