Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Questions or Comments:

RV Parks: Compliance Resources

Compliance tools for RV parks in Texas.


  • Public Water Supply—If you supply water for drinking, hand washing, dish washing, cooking or bathing you may need to obtain authorization for operating a public water supply.
  • Water Utility—If you send a separate bill to each tenant for water or sewer service, then you are a utility and you must comply with TCEQ’s rules for utilities.
  • Wastewater—If you provide wastewater treatment or disposal, you may need authorization from the TCEQ or your local On-Site Sewage Facility (OSSF or “Septic System”) permitting authority:
    • Domestic Wastewater Permits—If your OSSF treats more than 5,000 gallons of wastewater on-site each day, then a permit may be required.
    • OSSF or Septic Tank



  • Stormwater—If you are building an RV park, and the construction activities will disturb one or more acres of land, you are required to obtain authorization under the TCEQ’s Construction General Stormwater Permit.
  • Edwards Aquifer Requirements—If construction is taking place over the Recharge, Contributing or Transition Zone of the Edwards Aquifer, additional requirements may apply.


Compliance Overview Tools

  • For confidential compliance assistance, contact TCEQ’s Small Business and Local Government Assistance hotline at 800-447-2827
  • RV Parks: Am I regulated? (RG-499)