Wastewater Treatment Plants: Compliance Resources
Many documents on this page are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) (Help with PDF).
Publications and Guidance Documents
- Managing Small Domestic Wastewater Systems (RG-530) – A five-part series helping owners, managers, or operators of small wastewater systems understand and comply with rules and develop plans to manage and operate a sustainable utility.
- Troubleshooting Bacteria Effluent from Wastewater Treatment Plants (RG-515)
- Process Control Tests for Domestic Wastewater Treatment Facilities (RG-002)
- Most Frequently Needed Records for Wastewater Investigations (RG-088)
Record Keeping and Reporting
Discharge Monitoring Report Information
Wastewater Compliance Spreadsheets
- Minor Discharge - Rectangular Weir with End Contractions
- Minor Discharge V-Notch Weir
- Texas Land Application Permits (TLAP) - Rectangular Weir with End Contractions
- TLAP V-Notch Weir
Frequently Used Forms
- Water Quality Noncompliance Notification (TCEQ-00501) —form to notify the TCEQ of a water quality noncompliance or unauthorized discharge
- Public Notification Form for Wastewater Discharges (TCEQ-20627) —form to notify the public that an unauthorized discharge has occurred
- Request for Address Change of a Water Quality Permit or Registration (TCEQ-00746)
- Request for Name Change of a Water Quality Permit or Registration (TCEQ-20028)
- Request to Cancel a Water Quality Permit or Registration (TCEQ-20029)
- Water Quality Permits and Registrations
- Stormwater Permit Information—Plants with a design flow of 1.0 million gallons per day and above or those required to have a pretreatment program (40 CFR Part 403) fall under stormwater rules (Sector T: Treatment Works).
- Water and Wastewater Funding Sources—View a list of financial assistance programs for water and wastewater projects.
Compliance Overview Tools
- Operational Issues that Contribute to Bacteria-related Violations
- Wastewater Treatment Plants: Bacteriological Testing—Information for wastewater treatment plants to assist with bacteriological testing and reporting.
- In-House and On-Site Laboratories—Useful information that domestic wastewater treatment facilities can reference for laboratory sample-testing requirements.
- Help for Wastewater Treatment Plant Owners and Operators—Fact sheets and manuals from the EPA and other sources on various techniques for treating wastewater.
- Wastewater Pretreatment: Requirements and Options
- Pesticide General Permit - Before applying herbicides or pesticides near or in waters of the state, ensure you're in compliance with the Pesticide General Permit.
- Operation and Maintenance Guide for Imhoff Tank and Oxidation Pond Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Delinquent Fees
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.