Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Complaint Arrow Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Small Business and Local Government Assistance / Compliance Resources for Small Businesses / Auto Salvage Yards: Compliance Resources

Auto Salvage Yards: Compliance Resources

Information and tools for small business owners of auto salvage yards in Texas.


Jump to Top


  • Am I a Public Water System?  If you have a private well, you may be a public water system.
  • You're a Public Water System…Now What? (RG-496) – A guide for rules and regulations that apply to public water systems, especially for those who may have recently learned they own a PWS.
  • Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only.  Process water is prohibited.
  • If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
  • If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.