Contacts for Local Household Hazardous Waste Programs
How do I find a collection in my area?
- Check the HHW Collection Programs document. Search for your county, then check to see if your city or the county sponsors an ongoing program (Dropoff or Home Collection) or one-time event.
- If your city, county, or region is not listed in the above document, call your local government to inquire whether an event may be scheduled in the future or is routinely held during the year.
In an effort to keep the HHW Collection Programs list accurate, if you find a broken link, please let us know by sending us an e-mail or calling 512-239-3143.
What are the different types of collections?
Dropoff sites are permanent addresses where you can drop off your chemicals with staff on-site. Consider a few things before you head to a dropoff collection:
- Check the website or refer to the contact person for information about hours of operation, chemicals that a facility will accept, and other program information.
- Do you need a voucher? Some programs require you to present a voucher from your sponsoring local government.
- Is there a fee? Certain facilities are listed that they may charge a fee. Check the website or contact the facility for pricing and more information.
Home Collection programs allow you to schedule a time for a facility's staff to pick up your HHW at your house. Check with the program website or listed contact to get more information and schedule a pickup if you are eligible.
One-Time Events must submit a notification to the HHW Program at least 45 days prior to the date they wish to hold an event. Because of that, if you do not see an event for your area in the current document, there still may be an event will be held later in the year, that is not yet scheduled.
If you have questions about a scheduled event, refer first to your city's website or main phone line.
Where can I get more information about the HHW Program?
- Check our Household Hazardous Waste general information page to learn more about the program and for tips on how you can better handle and reduce the amount of HHW in your home.
- If you are a current HHW Program Manager or entity interested in holding an HHW collection, more detailed information can be found on our Household Hazardous Waste Program Assistance page.
To receive updates when changes are made to this webpage, sign up on the TCEQ email updates page. Select Contacts for Local Household Hazardous Waste Programs under the Waste Management heading.