Electronics Recycling: Compliance Resources
- Permits by Rule (PBR) – This PBR list is not meant to be all inclusive. Please check the lists of PBRs in the Keyword Index below to ensure you have reviewed all available and applicable permitting options for the equipment, processes, and material you will use at your site. If an activity does not have a specific PBR, then review the General Conditions PBR (106.4) and the General Facilities PBRs (106.261 and 106.262); these general PBRs might be the most appropriate air authorizations for the emissions produced at your site.
- Claiming a Permit by Rule
- 106.261: Facilities (Emission Limitations)
- 106.262: Facilities (Emission and Distance Limitations)
- 106.227: Soldering, Brazing, Welding
- 106.265: Hand-held and Manually Operated Machines
- 106.4: Requirements for Permitting by Rule
- 106.8: Recordkeeping
- Keyword Index to Air Permits by Rule
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- New Source Review (NSR) Permits
- Recycling: Am I Regulated?
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix-For help making a hazardous waste determination.
- RENEW-A materials-exchange network for industries, businesses, and governmental units that promotes reclaiming, recycling and reuse of materials.
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Hazardous and Industrial Waste-Am I Regulated?
- Nonhazardous Industrial Waste Storage, Treatment, or Disposal: Am I Regulated?
- EPA Export Requirements for Cathode Ray Tubes
- EPA Toxics Release Inventory (TRI)-This program requires facilities in certain industries, which manufacture, process, or use significant amounts of toxic chemicals, to report annually to EPA on their releases of these chemicals.
- About the Waste Reduction Policy Act
Compliance Overview Tools
- Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program
- Regulations, Resources, and Guidance on Recycling Electronic Equipment-A detailed overview of current regulations for management of electronic equipment.
- E-recycling/Recycling Facility Compliance Checklist
- About the Texas Computer Equipment Recycling Program
- Consumer Information about Computer Recycling
- Waste Minimization and Recycling
- eCycling-information from the EPA for electronics recycling.
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.