Electronics Recycling: Compliance Resources
- New Source Review (NSR) Permits
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Permits by Rule (PBR) – This PBR list is not meant to be all inclusive. Please check the lists of PBRs in the Keyword Index below to ensure you have reviewed all available and applicable permitting options for the equipment, processes, and material you will use at your site. If an activity does not have a specific PBR, then review the General Conditions PBR (106.4) and the General Facilities PBRs (106.261 and 106.262); these general PBRs might be the most appropriate air authorizations for the emissions produced at your site.
- Claiming a Permit by Rule
- 106.261: Facilities (Emission Limitations)
- 106.262: Facilities (Emission and Distance Limitations)
- 106.227: Soldering, Brazing, Welding
- 106.265: Hand-held and Manually Operated Machines
- 106.4: Requirements for Permitting by Rule
- 106.8: Recordkeeping
- Keyword Index to Air Permits by Rule
- Waste Minimization and Recycling- Links to the waste rules found in 30 Texas Administrative Code (TAC)
- Recycling: Am I Regulated?
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix-For help making a hazardous waste determination.
- RENEW-A materials-exchange network for industries, businesses, and governmental units that promotes reclaiming, recycling and reuse of materials.
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Nonhazardous Industrial Waste Storage, Treatment, or Disposal: Am I Regulated?
- EPA Export Requirements for Cathode Ray Tubes
- EPA Toxics Release Inventory (TRI)-This program requires facilities in certain industries, which manufacture, process, or use significant amounts of toxic chemicals, to report annually to EPA on their releases of these chemicals.
- About the Waste Reduction Policy Act
Compliance Overview Tools
- Regulations, Resources, and Guidance on Recycling Electronic Equipment-A detailed overview of current regulations for management of electronic equipment.
- E-recycling/Recycling Facility Compliance Checklist
- Electronics Recycling and Waste Reduction
- eCycling-information from the EPA for electronics recycling.
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.