Guidance for Air Dispersion Modeling
Draft TCEQ Air Quality Modeling Guidelines
The TCEQ Air Permits Division has developed draft air quality modeling guidelines to provide staff with a process to evaluate and determine air quality impacts analysis requirements for case-by-case permit reviews. While the focus of the document is on the technical review process, it is available to the regulated community and the public to provide an understanding of air quality impacts analysis requirements and processes that affect air permit applications.
If you have any questions about this draft guidance, please contact the TCEQ Air Permits Division at 512-239-1250.
Off Property Source Inventory
The TCEQ has replaced the Point Source Database (PSDB) with the Air Permits Allowable Database (APAD) as the data source for generating modeling retrievals. The new procedure to request modeling retrievals is similar to the previous one, but there are some minor differences. Please refer to the guidance outlined in the How to Request Modeling Retrieval on how to submit the Modeling Request Form. Additional information on the retrieval can be found in the Modeling Request Fact Sheet.
- EPA AirData – Ambient air monitoring data available from the EPA.
- Texas Air Monitoring Information System (TAMIS) – Ambient air monitoring data available from the TCEQ in a number of formats for input into data processing software.
- Yearly Summary Reports – Ambient monitoring data available from the TCEQ in a web-based format.
National Elevation Dataset (NED) terrain data can be obtained as a GeoTIFF to use in AERMAP from the Multi-Resolution Land Characteristics Consortium (MRLC).
How to download NED data as a GeoTIFF from the MRLC Consortium Viewer:
- Click the “Data” button (located in the top right corner of your browser)
- Click “Download Tool”
- Click “Define Download Area by Coordinates” button
- After the boundaries are submitted, click on “Modify Request” in order to download the NED data as a GeoTIFF
Environmental Trade Fair – The ADMT’s presentations at the Environmental Trade Fair held annually in Austin, Texas.
Advanced Air Permitting Seminar - The ADMT’s presentations at the Advanced Air Permitting Seminar held annually in Austin, Texas.
Presentation Part I - Monitors
Expanded Outline of Part I - Monitors
Presentation Part I - Nitrogen Dioxide
Expanded Outline of Part I - Nitrogen Dioxide
Presentation Part II - Ozone
Expanded Outline of Part II - Ozone
Presentation Part II - PM2.5
Expanded Outline of Part II - PM2.5
Expanded Outline of Presentation
Stephen F Austin State University - The ADMT’s presentations to a class in the division of environmental science at SFAU.
EPA - EPA’s presentations at air dispersion modeling conferences.
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions contact us.